How to rip a background effect?

Have questions about sprite ripping, SDB, or anything else? This is the place to ask.
Please read the rules; this is not a request board.

How to rip a background effect?

Postby D@rk_Gaara » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 am

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on my first char and I'm almost done. I just want to add some effects and stuff and since i want to make my char as close to the game it is ripped from, i want to add the background effect that shows up in the game when you do a super attack. The game is Katekyo Hitman Reborn Flame rumble XX and heres a video with the specials:

Watch on youtube.com

The background effect appears for all specials - the yellow - orange background. Can someone give some advised how i can rip it? Also does someone here have some experience in coding chars as i have a question on how to do a simple loop but am not sure how to? Thanks in advance!
D@rk_Gaara

Re: How to rip a background effect?

Postby Grim » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 am

Can't tell from the video but it's probably just a background layer. If so, use desmume's map viewer. Tools > View Maps
Grim
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to rip a background effect?

Postby D@rk_Gaara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:10 am

Thanks for the advice. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. I also messed up with the layers and it seems the effect is part of the main layer where the character are so if i switch of the characters, the effect also doesn't appear. Guess I'll have to improvise.
D@rk_Gaara

Return to Help