Sprite Rip Request - Blazing Star

Talk about anything related to the site & forums.

Sprite Rip Request - Blazing Star

Postby -BreadMan- » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Hey you people. I'm here just asking for a Arcade (Neo Geo) game called Blazing Star's sprites. I really need the sprites for a cool (nonprofit :wink: ) project I'm working on recently. I've always been a fan of Blazing Star and had the idea of it for this project, but hadn't necessarily found ALL of the sprites. I'm just asking for a little help here of someone that's oh so generous :smile: . I wouldn't be asking the internet this if I could download any software to help me do this. So yeah, I thought Sprite Database would be the quickest way to get sprites. :derp:

This is my first post btw.

This is all I'd like:
A .zip file containing a folder or a folder itself through a media sharing/hosting website that contains all the extracted sprites from the game Blazing Star.
The sprites are prerendered however so it might take a while...
-BreadMan-

Re: Sprite Rip Request - Blazing Star

Postby -BreadMan- » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Hello...?
-BreadMan-

Postby -BreadMan- » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Hello...? :sad: :brow:

EDIT: Sorry for posting twice my computer was laggy when Submitting. :/
-BreadMan-

Postby -BreadMan- » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Why does my post have a caution sign flair thing and why are people ignoring me im so confused what's happening where am i
-BreadMan-

Postby BH Daimaouji » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:05 am

-BreadMan- wrote:Why does my post have a caution sign flair thing and why are people ignoring me im so confused what's happening where am i

Um this forum is not for requests buddy ^^ i suggest you to wait
Sorry, my english is not perfect i'm from poland
BH Daimaouji
Mega Member
Mega Member

Postby Grim » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:50 am

BH Daimaouji wrote:
-BreadMan- wrote:Why does my post have a caution sign flair thing and why are people ignoring me im so confused what's happening where am i

Pretty much! Your post was ignored because, well, it's a request post and those have never been allowed.

Ripping neo geo sprites is super easy, if you still need them after all this time why not take a half hour and learn how to do it yourself?
Grim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby -BreadMan- » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:10 am

Grim wrote:
BH Daimaouji wrote:

Pretty much! Your post was ignored because, well, it's a request post and those have never been allowed.

Ripping neo geo sprites is super easy, if you still need them after all this time why not take a half hour and learn how to do it yourself?

yeess i still need them i use a mac so how do i rip neo geo/snk please help i want blazing star sprites
-BreadMan-

Postby -BreadMan- » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:12 am

also i just saw a erequest post under this and they got a lot of help?????//?????????????????????!mW!?????????? wha the HECK.
-BreadMan-

Postby Grim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:49 am

Okay, fine.

Sprite ripping is pretty easy. You take screenshots from an emulator and color out the background in your graphics editor (photoshop, paint, etc.). Keep doing this until you have every frame of animation.

Some emulators have more features to make ripping easier. Kawaks, Final Burn, Neo Rage, and Nebula are all Neo Geo emulators that have the shot factory feature. Unfortunately I don't think any of them are available for mac. So you might want to try NeoRaine or even MAME. They won't have as many features, but it should still be possible.

And finally, consider that maybe you'd get more help if you actually take the time to use capitalization and grammar rather than basically spamming and begging.
Grim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby -BreadMan- » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Grim wrote:Okay, fine.

Sprite ripping is pretty easy. You take screenshots from an emulator and color out the background in your graphics editor (photoshop, paint, etc.). Keep doing this until you have every frame of animation.

Some emulators have more features to make ripping easier. Kawaks, Final Burn, Neo Rage, and Nebula are all Neo Geo emulators that have the shot factory feature. Unfortunately I don't think any of them are available for mac. So you might want to try NeoRaine or even MAME. They won't have as many features, but it should still be possible.

And finally, consider that maybe you'd get more help if you actually take the time to use capitalization and grammar rather than basically spamming and begging.

ok i've been working for like hours now trying to get blazing star's emulators to work on Mac. nothing is working and neoraine isn't even alive anymore. can i have a step by step instruction or something or some tips i don't know what im doing like i don't want to make anyone go through the wait and struggle of getting all those sprites i just want a damn emulator to work that has blazing star and that shot factory feature i really want some help this is so frustrating I'm going to go try Kawaks and Nebula with Wine see if that works
-BreadMan-

Return to Sprite Database: Discussion