Systems3DS Amiga Amstrad CPC Arcade Atari Lynx CD-i ColecoVision Computer Dreamcast DS Game Boy Game Boy Advance Game Gear GameCube Genesis Master System Mobile MSX Neo-Geo Neo-Geo Pocket NES Nintendo 64 PC-98 PlayStation PlayStation 2 PlayStation 3 PlayStation Portable PlayStation Vita Saturn Sega 32X Sega CD Sega Pico Sharp X68000 SNES TurboGrafx-16 TurboGrafx-CD Virtual Boy Wii Wii U WonderSwan Xbox Xbox 360 Customs
|News & Updates|
News: Same layout, lots of new features
Same layout, lots of new features
Posted by Grim 4 days ago in #site-upgrades - comments
Okay, I goofed. I got a little too excited about having a new layout and then - as I tend to do - started second-guessing myself pretty fast. Didn't test enough different resolutions, either. On the most popular laptop resolution it just looked goofy. So I've reverted from the 2-column, centered look back to the classic 3-column, full-width we've had for years. However, all the new features and enhancements are still here, including:
• Dark & light themes - Using the links next to the search bar (upper right!) you can now instantly switch between a light and dark site theme. We actually had this feature for a while several years ago, but this new version is much better. Embrace the darkness!
• Enhanced tags - Tags are now sorted into 'company', 'series', and 'genre' types. You all probably know what that means, but for example: Sonic Mania is tagged Sega, Sonic, and Platformer respectively. As before there's still a lot more tagging to be done but I'm adding more all the time.
• Enhanced game pages - Game pages are redesigned to show the game's icon as well as a better-formatted display of tag information.
• View change anywhere - You can now change between text, icon, and list view on almost any page that shows games or files. This includes news posts, system pages, game pages, and tag pages.
• System icons - The pixel art system icons I teased back in July are now live! I made all these myself and am pretty proud of them. Go to any system page and check them out. These replace the old photos which mostly came from Wikipedia and Google images.
So yeah, sorry about the mix-up. If you saw the 'new' setup and liked it, feel free to make your voice heard. I'll continue tinkering in the meantime.
No-one on whom to use my talents as a wordsmith
Posted by Grim 1 week ago in #weekly-update - comments
It's that time again, so enjoy some fresh content.
Also, a bit of news - a new layout is coming soon. It'll look a lot tighter - packing in more content at lower resolutions, while looking less floaty at higher ones. I've converted most of the existing site pages and when I'm done and happy with them all, the new design will go live. Besides looking nicer (in my opinion) it'll have a few new features I think you'll all enjoy. Look forward to it. Bye!
New files: 21
Going fast is required
Posted by Grim 2 weeks ago in #weekly-update - comments
Back again! Didn't keep you waiting, eh? Thanks to Yawackhary, Ryon, jin315 for this excellent content™. More next week, get your submissions in if you wanna see them here!
New files: 30